ERNA - summer 1941

Eestiga ja Eesti üksustega seotud lahingud ...
Vasta
Simon_Swe
Kasutaja

ERNA - summer 1941

Postitus Postitas Simon_Swe »

Is there anyone on this forum that's know where I can find any info about the ERNA-group that was active in the summer 1941?

I have a bad translation of Mihkel Simmo's diary from 1941 and know that the national archives of Estonia (Rahvusarhiiv) has som material ("13.5. Leitnant Helmar Lossmani / ERNA dokumendid"), but are there any other good sources in Estonia?

I'm most interested in the organization and the people that was in the ERNA-group and later the ERNA-battalion.
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas uscha »

Hello!

Here is some information from the book "Erna Legendid ja Tegelikkus" by Ülo Jõgi, 2006.

Men who belonged to "Erna" group and got special training in Sökö, Staffan island.

Pilt

Men who volunteered to "Erna" group and had worked in Finland before.
The ones marked with "S" served in "Sisu" unit.

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Men who joined with the group in Estonia (before it went under German command).

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Men who joined the batallion later (after the bat. went under the German command and before bat. arrived to Tallinn).

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

KIA's from 8.08 until 30.08 - first man is from Sökö group and other 8 had joined the group later.

Pilt

Men who joined the "Erna" II group after the liberation of Tallinn.

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt

Pilt
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Simon_Swe
Kasutaja

Postitus Postitas Simon_Swe »

Aitäh uscha! (I belive "aitäh" means "thanks" on estonian)

That was exactly what I was looking for. Now i'm just going to find depictions/stories about the ERNA's activities (other than Mihkel Simmo's diarys & Ülo Jõgi's book).
Vasta

Mine “Üksused & Lahingud/Units & Battles”