Artillerie-Abteilung 53

Eestiga ja Eesti üksustega seotud lahingud ...
Vasta
Ultima
Kasutaja

Artillerie-Abteilung 53

Postitus Postitas Ultima »

The order from 05.05.43 (Order for building the Estn.SS-Frw.Brig.) said that there is the plan to build an Artillerie-Abteilung for the Brigade, but that this should happen some time later. Did someone know the date of the order to build it? That must be after the end of course in holland, Iltal wrote in his memoirs from (kohustus kutsub), so end august - begin september?
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas uscha »

preparations for building up the ss. art.abt. 53 begun on june 1943 in debica (heidelager). hauptsturmführer võhma picked out ca. 200 men who were sent to amersfoort, holland. in holland they got 6 weeks of training and gave an oath and in the end of august they arrived back to debica. 3 + 1 (staff) batteries were formed in debica and every battery got 4 10,5 cm feldhaubitzes.
every battery consisted of 88 men and 110 horses and every battery had 8-12 funkers.

on 17.10.1943 artillerie abteilung 53 left from debica and left to front (at least the 1. and 2. battery).
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

thanks for your answer!
did someone know the correct date of the course in holland?
and which officer were sent to amersfoort? I know Vöhma, Iltal and Angerjas.
Kasutaja avatar
uscha
Administraator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas uscha »

don't know the exact dates but here is a list of some officers who served in ss artillerie abteilung 53. i don't know how many of them were sent to holland though.

aleksander sobolev
vaido viitre
artur rosenkranz
kaljo-johannes talvik
aleksander kimmel
endel arro
jüri nurmekund
otto särgava
georg iltal
august võhma
eduard limion
ants angerjas
georg rinne
paul saar
paul suurkivi
nikolai raudvere
aleksander paas
foorum.rindeleht.ee
Ultima
Kasutaja

thanks!

are there any estonian books which deals with the activity of the brigade at the anti-partisan-action and the combat around nevel in 1943?
Sunseeker
Kasutaja

Postitus Postitas Sunseeker »

I recommend "Kolm Kuuske" and "Tuline Värav", both are written by Jüri Remmelgas. Unfortunately they are in estonian.
Vasta

Mine “Üksused & Lahingud/Units & Battles”