Swedish White Legion in North-West Army

Kõik, mis seotud Eesti Vabadussõja teemaga ...
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Swedish White Legion in North-West Army

Postitus Postitas Venepoeg »

Do anybody have any photo of members of that unit? Any pics, before or after war?
Olen Venelane, pole Nõukogude.
Vares
Huviline

Re: Swedish White Legion in North-West Army

Postitus Postitas Vares »

One of the most famous Swedish officer (and not only here but later also in Sweden) was Einar Lundborg. First he served in Estonia in "Svenska kåren" (Swedish Voluntar Corps), than due pressure from Sweden (he and some other officers court-martialled fellow Swedish officer) he was than removed from Corps and served in armoured train ("broad rail" No.5). After that, by his personal request , he was granted possibility to serve in armored car division (or cohort or group ) - served on a/c "Kalevipoeg" as commander where got his Estonian wide fame. Later in September/October 1919. was briefly signed into Swedish White Legion, but disliked service there and within half month resigned. Was month absent, than returned into service in armored card division again. Left Estonia utterly in September 1920. VR II / 3.

http://www.ra.ee/fotis/search.php?FO_si ... himik=koik
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Vares kirjutas:One of the most famous Swedish officer (and not only here but later also in Sweden) was Einar Lundborg. First he served in Estonia in "Svenska kåren" (Swedish Voluntar Corps), than due pressure from Sweden (he and some other officers court-martialled fellow Swedish officer) he was than removed from Corps and served in armoured train ("broad rail" No.5). After that, by his personal request , he was granted possibility to serve in armored car division (or cohort or group ) - served on a/c "Kalevipoeg" as commander where got his Estonian wide fame. Later in September/October 1919. was briefly signed into Swedish White Legion, but disliked service there and within half month resigned. Was month absent, than returned into service in armored card division again. Left Estonia utterly in September 1920. VR II / 3.

http://www.ra.ee/fotis/search.php?FO_si ... himik=koik
Thank you! He was awarded St. Anna 3th with swords and bow in 23.07.1919 as I found. Why he was warded in July if he joined NWA just in autumn?
Vares
Huviline

Found also one letter from K.A. Karlsson and Oskar Berggren to some uncertain Captain dated 7.12.1919. If anybody knows Swedish, pls. translate.

PS! I think if you use name "Svenska Vita Legionen" and Google you are able find some stuff there.
Manused
Rootsi Valge Leegion.jpg
Viimati muutis Vares, N Dets 04, 2014 11:32 am, muudetud 1 kord kokku.
Vares
Huviline

I think this NWA award is not tied with service under NWA but with his actions during spring offensive while he was serving in Estonian A/C divison. During that period he become famous with his raids into deep enemy rear.
While there was no point to award Estonians with NWA awards (most of men simply refused), foreigners where pretty happy to have MILITARY decorations any kind. That was confirming their manhood you know!
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Kindral U. Nobile päästja kapten E. P. A. M. Lundborg. Sõdur. 1928, nr 27/28, lk 836
Manused
Лундборг Эйнар (Einar Paul Albert Muni Lundborg(1896–1931)).jpg
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

K.A. Karlsson - SWL ensign Kurt Karlsson, I guess.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Excuse me, do you have pictures of that awards? http://www.probusauktioner.se/auktion/o ... ril%202010
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Excuse me, do you have inf. about Svend Aage Andersen's activity in Estonia? http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74708
Vares
Huviline

Venepoeg kirjutas:Excuse me, do you have pictures of that awards? http://www.probusauktioner.se/auktion/o ... ril%202010
I think you better use archive.org and try restore this page on date where those pictures where presented. I don't know will it work with pictures?
sturman
Huviline

Postitus Postitas sturman »

kas seda rootsikeelset kirja on keegiproovind tõlkida.
Vares
Huviline

Kirjutatud väidetavalt vägagi vanas "halvas" rootsi keeles ja kirjavigadega. Tõlge eesti ja inglise keelde oleks selline:
Reval 7.12.1919

Dear Captain,

Hereby KA Karlsson and O Berggren request that would Captain be (so) good and send someone here to Reval with his affairs as we are completely out of money.

Captain King enrolled me Karlsson in the Corps …, before (we were) in the Semionoff regiment for the months June to the end of October and were promised(?) for the salary of 250 roubles which Lieutenant Fanenius can certify.

Hereby I ask if I can obtain from the Corps the remaining salary,

If that will be the case, Karlsson requests if possible, to obtain Estonian money as it is not possible here to exchange more than 500 marks.

Berggren also requests Estonian money.

It isn´t true, is it, as the boys are saying that the Corps probably will be dissolved.

We would be grateful if we are informed about the situation.

We are at the Diaconial Hospital Pernaustrasse ward number 12(?).

Send our regards to Kling and to the whole legion, that we we will probably come there after Christmas.

KA Karlsson Oskar Berggren
Revalis 7.12.1919

Kallis kapten,

Käesolevaga KA Karlsson ja O Berggren paluvad, et kas kapten poleks nii lahke ja saadaks mõne asjuri siia Revalisse, kuna meil on raha täiesti otsas.

Kapten King värbas mind (ja?) Karlssonit korpusesse.., ennem (olime me) Semjonovi polgus juunist kuni oktoobri lõpuni ja meile oli lubatud 250 rubla, mida võib leitnant Fanenius tõendada.

Palun käesolevaga anda teada, kas ma võiks saada puudu oleva palga korpusest?

Kui see on nii, siis Karlsson palub saata Eesti raha, kuna siin ei ole võimalik vahetada rohkem kui 500 marka. Berggren palub samuti saata Eesti raha.

Ega see pole ometigi tõsi, nagu poisid räägivad, et korpus saadetakse laiali.
Me oleksime tänulikud kui meid informeeritaks situatsioonist.

Me peatume Diakonissi Hospidalis Pärnu mnt. 12 (?)

Saatke meie parimad tervitused Klingile ja kogu leegionile, me tuleme ise kohale arvatavasti peale jõule.

KA Karlsson Oskar Berggren
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Thank you very much!
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

There are an information about three Karlssons in SWL NWA - Kurt, Axel, Kondratiy, all of them ensigns. I suppose that is one person - Kurt Axel Karlsson, probably Russians called him Kondratiy.
Kasutaja avatar
Venepoeg
Huviline

Kling (King) - is Nils Kling, lieutnant, and later, obviously, captain. Served on armor train "Pskovityanin". Stanislav III with swords and bow in July 1919 and Anna III with swords and bow in November 1919.
Vasta

Mine “Vabadussõda 1918 - 1920/Estonian Liberation War 1918 - 1920”